cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help xp sp2

N/A

Help xp sp2

hi can anyone help me please i installed xp sp2, and got a couple of updates after installing and rebooting i have problems, in network connections where i should see icons for my lan and broadband its blank and do a network troubleshooter diaognostics there is errors saying "Unable to connect to WMI service '\\.\root\cimv2'", when i go to find the wmi console it says "failed to connect to <local computer> because win32 access denied"

can anyone help please

many thanks
5 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Help xp sp2

Did you make a backup of your PC before installing SP2 - remember it is Beta software so can (and has) caused problems and corruptions with certain installations. One of the reasons I am not installing SP2 at this time until some time after it's official release.

All I can suggest is you remove the post SP2 installed patches and SP2 itself and hope you go back to a working system. If it does not, a reinstall of XP is probably required.
N/A

Help xp sp2

Beta software is for people who have sufficient knowledge to repair things if it goes wrong, that is why it is beta (test) software and not general release.

This technical preview is unsupported and is intended for testing purposes only. Do not use in production environments.

Best you can do is try a system restore.
N/A

Help xp sp2

hi i didnt back up my pc i tryed doing a restore but wouldnt work it is looking like a reformat but hoping i might get help, not long ago reformated which can be a pain lol.

thanks
Brickinit
Grafter

Help xp sp2

hi with the xp sp2 you can go to add remove programs in control panel,click add remove sp2 and it will take you back to before you installed it. this is very useful for people with some epson printers ( c42 and 1250 maybe more) as it conflicts with them making spoolsv.exe hog between 96-100% of the cpu making the pc virtually useless. maybe someone has a solution for this.
but to get back to your original problem you can uninstal the service release without any problems (that i encountered)
N/A

Help xp sp2

hi i ended up reformating pc and i reinstalled xp and put xp sp2 in and its runing ok so far.

many thanks for your help