cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help required adding a wireless access point.

PLC
Grafter

Help required adding a wireless access point.

After all sorts of problems with my Netgear DG834G I changed to a Draytek 2600 that came at a legitimate, but nevertheless advantageous, price. I have had it up and running perfectly under Windows XP. So I still want wireless access so i can use my notebook around the house or garden. After a number of false starts involving non delivered items and another delivered crushed I finally got my US Robotics Wireless Turbo Access Point and Router Model 8054 today. Following the instructions to the letter nothing worked at all. After much fiddling I decided to just set it up on my notebook that has a wired NIC as well as a wireless one. I removed the wireless NIC. The instructions are to set the IP address of the NIC to 192.168.123.xxx . I set it to 192.168.123.200 and plugged the network cable into the WAN socket. No permutation of settings would allow me to access the beast. In desperation I plugged it into one of the four LAN ports and all was well. I have set it up and then replaced the wireless NIC and that talks to it as well. Having proved that the box worked I then tried to get it going in conjunction with the Draytek. Fllowing the USR instructions enables me to see the USR box but not the Draytek. The ADSL connections gets dropped as well. I am well out of my depth here adnif anyone can help me in detail I would be most grateful. TIA>
1 REPLY
PLC
Grafter

Update.

Two things obscured the underlying problem. Brand new Cat5 cable faulty. Secondly router needed hard reset to factory defaults and re set up. Now that works again I am starting afresh on the wireless netwqork.