Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help creating Music CDs

shermans
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Help creating Music CDs

I have what is perhaps an unusual problem ! I am trying to burn a music CD from a simple MIDI file. The music is in fact choral rehearsal music (?!) for my part created on a synthesiser, crudely note by note, for me to learn by ear. I want to be able to play the CD whenever I am in the car, so that I can cheat and pretend I have been sight-reading the music ! And impress everyone else ! Actually, in the past, I have recorded the output directly onto an audio cassette, but that means using a cassette player to listen to it, rather than either an MP3 player or a CD player.

When I try to burn a CD using Windows Media Player, it tells me I cannot do so because I do not have any "burn rights". I can play the music on the computer satisfactorily but cannot manage to burn it to a CD. How do I get round this problem, because "burn rights" are not relevant in this case ?

Any help or advice would be most appreciated.
6 REPLIES
N/A

Help creating Music CDs

you need to log in as administrator to get burn rights
shermans
Rising Star

Help creating Music CDs

Thanks, but I am logged in as Administrator. I can burn other music from CDs to CDs without a problem, which indicates that the problem is not connected with being an administrator.

Any other possible causes would be most appreciated.

TVM
holdtight
Grafter

Help creating Music CDs

Oh windows media player :twisted: whenever i get any problems with it i use CDex which you can download from Here which is free does what your wanting it to do and shouldnt throw up any burn right errors

Bill.
N/A

Help creating Music CDs

The problem is you need to convert midi to mp3 or some other format try
This link

it should then burn ok It can be a pain I tried to convert old midi files and windows isnt keen on converting

Moderators note by James (sallyandjames) : Shortened URL as it was stretching the page. Wink
shermans
Rising Star

Help creating Music CDs

Thanks for the help to both of you. I have downloaded the MP3 converter (very useful in any case) and also CDex, so fingers crossed these will solve the problems one way or another.
shermans
Rising Star

Help creating Music CDs

Quick update.

Thanks for the advice. Converted the music files to mp3 format ( quite slow) and then burnt to CD and loaded onto mp3 player also. Excellent. Now I will impress my fellow choral members at just how excellent my sight reading is ! Please don't tell them the truth ! Cheesy