cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help Reqd In Installing D-Link Modem

N/A

I have bought a D-link Wireless PCI Card ,a DSL 300-T Modem and a DI- 624 108mbps router ..Presently I am using an Alcatel USB Modem .Initially I am just installing the D-Link Modem and have done everything that the manual says ,connected the Ethernet cable (modem to PC) and the otehr cable to the phone socket via a micro filter .....I believe all the settings are correct and the connection is shown as working at 100 mbps..but I still cannot connect to mail,web nor Usenet ..Can anyone suggest anyhting that I could look at first to see why ...It's got me foxed.....
Stuart
4 REPLIES
N/A

OK guys .The problem was my user name didnt have @plusdsl.net at the end ....Stuart
N/A

Hi,

Happens to the best of us, glad you got it sorted.

Aaron
N/A

Have you got your Router sorted - am running exactly the same setup and no amount of messing around can get me talking to the Net via the router....grrrr!

It's fine with the modem. No problem at all.

Connect the Router - and the router says it can see the internet connection, but i can't hit it at all. Tried everything.

Help!
N/A

Hi..I have got it all sorted without any trouble other than what I said above ...it was all too easy tbh.
Stuart

[Moderator's note by Chris (Eurotrain4): Full quote of post directly preceding this one removed as it's unnecessary]