Did you mean: 

Help Please

N/A

Help Please

I bet it's a Q-Tec psu.
8 REPLIES
N/A

Help Please

Sad i think i have just blown my MB Shockedops: well just installed extra ram of same type well thats is except of rthe make both matching modules of 333/512/2700 ddr.my pc has been running slow for a while . decided to install extra RAM from Kingston, alre installed had crucial ddr. everything done to the letter regarding installation however on rebooting awfull burning smell, turned off immediatley and tried verything again, with and with out extra ram, pc wont boot up no beeps or anything , please what hav i done, Huh?

Moderator's note by Chris (fa55dsl): Title changed from all caps. Please refrain from using all caps titles, it is considered rude.
N/A

Help Please

If you're lucky, it's just the power supply. Can you get hold of another to replace yours to test?
N/A

Help Please

Hi actually getting power to the MB,fans are running , but no power to either HDS, STRANGE THO COS POWER TO THE cdrom drv and dvd drv.
N/A

Help Please

Hi actually getting power to the MB,fans are running , but no power to either HDS, STRANGE THO COS POWER TO THE cdrom drv and dvd drv.
N/A

Help Please

It depends what fans are running, since some will be powered directly off the power supplier.

I get the impression from your previous posting that the hard disks are not starting up, if that is the case, you may well have blown something on your power supplier.

Earlier you stated a burning smell, were you able to trace roughly where it came from?
N/A

Help Please

yes im inclined too agree thesmell did sem to originate fron around the psu area but why would , fitting extra ram blow the power supply after all it is a 450w unit?? i can try another one i hav spare what worries me tho now is , if i go the whole length and fit new psu and MB ,i can i avoid the same mistake since im not able to diagnose what the actual cause of the problem was thanks for advice .Ant
N/A

Help Please

If your power supply has gone, it would be hard to put an exact cause on the reason why it failed.

Normally if memory isn't insert correctly, the computer won't start, or will beep.

I can only guess something shorted against the new memory chip, or wire got caught or damaged while you were replacing your memory.
holdtight
Grafter

Help Please

Its a tough one to call Aaron and i would be more inclined to go with
coincidence unless the memory was installed with a hammer Wink