cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help - Adsl connection from different profiles

N/A

I'm not very computer literate and set up adsl yesterday on my pc (Win 98Me). Two people share the pc using two different profiles. Adsl was installed while logged in as profile A and it works perfectly for user A. User B set up an identical connection from profile B but it doesn't connect. The dsl icon appears in the bottom right corner but the only option is 'disconnect' even if it's not connected. We tried to install the modem driver again in profile B but the system recognises it's already installed though we can't see it anywhere. Can someone please help to set up a connection from profile B?

Thanks

Mel
5 REPLIES
Mark_Dowd
Grafter

I'm not a W98/ME user, but is this perhaps an authority problem? It may be that User A has to grant User B the right to use it.
N/A

Thanks. There doesn't seem to be an authority issue with WinMe and I really don't know how to sort this out.
Community Veteran

What sort of ADSL Modem are you using? if I have access to similar here I will try and replicate the problem and see if I can find the answer.
I am however using win98se but it should be similar to win me in the user profile department.
N/A

Dynamode 360A. But I have uninstalled and reinstalled the driver, again from within profile A, replicating exactly what was done in the first installation, and now it works! For no apparent reason - another of Microsoft mysteries to me.

Thanks for your help Smiley

Mel
Community Veteran

Ok glad to know you have it sorted even if the reason why is not clear Sad
As you say just another one of Bill Gates teasers to keep us all on our toes Wink