cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HELP HELP problem with wirless router/modem

N/A

Anyone willing to help this numskull ie me to sort out a problem.
I am connected to thenet by a belkin wireless modem router and have an adaptor in the pc to send and recive.
OK as few days ago my two icons went from my screen(bottom right hand side)
and i keep getting cut off the net from time to time.
I have had a look at show all connectoins but nothing in that box apart from motive test, no belkin icons saying i am conected to plusnet.
Also i cannot access the belkin 192.168.2.1 to check my set up internet exploer will not open siteHuh
Do i need to uninstall both my modem/router and the internal adaptor and start all over again ??
also noticed a lot of pop ups on screen and no popup blacker seems to work .
Any help would be very greatfull only have sunday as a day off to sort this problem.
THANK YOU
3 REPLIES
N/A

You router is configured to access your ADSL already yes?

If so leave it alone.

Uninstall and then reinstall the drivers for your wireless card. The device should automaticaly detect the wireless network for you.

Once up and running copy that http://192.168.2.1/index.stm into your browser to see the router's interface.

Try that and see how you get on.
N/A

If you have your wireless router down in your sitting room and your PC upstairs in your attic (correct me if I am wrong) and you have problems with your wireless setup in your PC, how on earth can you connect to the router to look at the configuration?

You can uninstall and reinstall the drivers for your wireless card, but if the issue is with the router, you will never be able to see it, unless you connect your PC to the router using an ethernet cable.

In my place we have 1 PC and 2 laptops, but the PC is always connectet to the router through its ethernet port, so that I can always see what the router is up too.
N/A

If you have your wireless router down in your sitting room and your PC upstairs in your attic (correct me if I am wrong) and you have problems with your wireless setup in your PC, how on earth can you connect to the router to look at the configuration?

If you took the time to read the guys other thread, he says he's having problems with his wirless card (or thats how it looks). My reply was aimed at getting him to make sure his wireless card is installed correctly, then to see if he could actualy bring up the routers interface

Conecting directly to the router via lan would be alot easier yes, but not always possible