cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grr Netgear

N/A

Grr Netgear

I have a netgear router DG834G and when I try to access my webserver the router interface gets in the way this is is silly so in order to see the changes on my site I have to look behind a proxy this works but is very slow any ideas Evil
13 REPLIES
N/A

Grr Netgear

Are you saying that the Server and router share the same IP address?

If so change one of them.
N/A

Grr Netgear

well it's more to do with the router interface as it just gets in the way as I'm told it should be fine.
N/A

Grr Netgear

What do you mean, gets in the way?
The only way that the interface would open up, is if you typed the IP address that is assigned to the router into the address bar.
And to echo what @pcsni suggested, just change one of them to resolve the conflict.

Or do you have the interface open, and the auto refresh keeps bringing the connection status box to the front of the page?
If this is the case, just close the window, this will not cause your router to disconnect.
N/A

Grr Netgear

Sorry. Not entirely with you. Are your trying to access your server via its lan IP address? If so, and the IP address is the same as the router interface then that is why this is happening. The Netgear defaults to 192.168.0.1.

Either change the router IP addy or the server and the problem will go away.

If I've got the wrong end of the stick I am sorry. But the details of your problem arent entirely clear to me.
N/A

Grr Netgear

yea it's mean't to just be accessible using 192.168.0.1
but when I try and access my domain which is pointing to the internet ip address it brings up the router interface like shown here

Moderators note by John (johnessex) Image removed as it was not visable and was affecting the forum page size.
N/A

Grr Netgear

This is caused by a small routing failure common amongst almost all consumer routers.
N/A

Grr Netgear

Have you got the latest firmware version for your router?
N/A

Grr Netgear

Yes i do have the latest firmware
N/A

Grr Netgear

This is a known issue and is not solved by the newest firmware. You need to use the internal IP address of the server to view the changes. You cannot use the DNS or external IP address to view the webserver as the router will just block it.

Jake
N/A

Grr Netgear

This is a known issue and is not solved by the newest firmware. You need to use the internal IP address of the server to view the changes. You cannot use the DNS or external IP address to view the webserver as the router will just block it.

Jake
N/A

Grr Netgear

ah but as I use mambo when I try viewing it like this the theme and the site acts odd like theres no theme when I access it on the network.
Theres just text and the admin interface just doesn't work at all.
N/A

Grr Netgear

Do you have remote access to the router ticked? (its in one of the sections in the router admin)

What it could be doing is that this setting allows you to make changes from the internet and anybody who types that will be possibly be forwarded to the interface.

I may be right i may be wrong but this is just a suggestion Smiley

Hope this helps

Just another thought, is this setup on a windows IIS server? if so it is most likely a permissions error within the server settings, just allow anonymous access to the website i think may work, i did something like this months ago so im a bit fuzzy

Cheers
N/A

Grr Netgear

ah I found it as my server is located on 192.168.0.hidden number and www.domainnamehere.co.uk I placed it in the hosts file worked fine