cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics card overclocking software question

N/A

Hi,

I put a overclocking program on for my gfx card, i never knew it was a overclocking program until i opened it, i just looked at what it said and then fiddled with the settings but always pressed cancel at the end and exited the program, i never pressed apply or ok, i don't want to overclock my gfx card, what im saying is would my card still be at the default setting as when i bought it from the pc shop?.

Sorry if this makes no sense....

Thanks.

[Moderators note (by Thomas): Post moved to Computers and Hardware, and thread title made more relevant - again.]
6 REPLIES
Community Veteran

If you never OKed or saved any changes, then yes it will not have effected the clocking on the video card.

Most of the current range of graphics cards can be overclocked just like processors can, but in many cases extra cooling is required for them to run properly and stable at the higher clockings.

If you are unsure what effect overclocking can have on your card then don't overclock.

What was the app you were using?
N/A

Thats good then, you can always put settings back to default anyways cant you if you do overclock?, it was "Graphics Max" didn't even know it was a overclocking program, Also are the fx5600 cards anygood, fx5600 Ultra cards? and how much are they.?

Thanks.
Community Veteran

Try not to complicate things by having 2 threads on the same subject. See my answer in your other thread.

For some example costs see http://www.overclockers.co.uk or http://www.dabs.com/uk/channels/components/graphicscards/products.htm?catid=187
N/A

ok well i cant find the other thread you was on about but i understand if i didn't apply anything then its still at its default settings,right?,, question, are the FX5600 ultra 128mb cards anygood?, sorry if this has been answered elsewhere.

Thanks.

p.s do you know any graphic card benchmarks to compare to see how good a card actually is you have running?.
Community Veteran

You actually have three threads running on this same subject.
The original one is here

Please, as Peter said above keep one subject on one thread otherwise is only causes confusion.
Community Veteran

Due to the similarity of the threads, I am locking this one. Please divert your replies to the thread linked to in John's post. Thanks.

Thomas