cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics card driver installation/fan problem

N/A

Hi,

Just installed updated drivers from the nvidia.co.uk website and when i rebooted my pc with the new drivers installed the fan on my gfx card completely shut down, so i had to roll back the drivers and reboot the pc then it fired up again, Why is this? also would that couple mins without fan bust my card alittle.??

Thanks.

[Moderators note (by Thomas): Post moved to a more relevant location. Will you please stop posting threads about computers in General Chit Chat! Furthermore, I've edited your title to something more appropriate, as I've had to do many times before.]
5 REPLIES
Community Veteran

What drivers did you download (type and version) and what version did youhave running previously?

What graphics card have you got?

It is very unlikely the drivers will stop the fan running, it is more likely the fan is temp controlled and only runs above a temp threashold - although this is not very common on graphics cards.
N/A

I downloaded the Nvidia for the gforce family of the Nvidia website, i think the drivers did stop it from working as when i rolled back the driver it camn back on?, the drivers i had before are a old version 2003, these was summat 2004, the card i have is the Nvidia fx 5600 ultra with the (Outside Thermal System) OTES.

Thanks
N/A

Just tried downloading the drivers from the site of the card and the fans still stop when i install the new driver?Huh
N/A

Update::

Sorted the problem out. Smiley
Community Veteran

So, is it a big secret that you can't tell us what the problem was - just so others who may have the same problem know what to do?