cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Got a passion for PCs? A will to write?

Community Veteran

If you have, then I'd like some help...

Basically, I'd like to take on board a couple of people to write for my website. I already have me (obviously!), two mods who don't write much, and a contributing writer who doesn't have too much time, and I'd like to add a couple more contributing writers to that mix.

What would it involve?
As much or as little as you want. What I'd be looking for is just an occasional article here and there, maybe only every month or two. When I say article, I mean something of suitable length, such as a review, a guidance article... or any other ideas you might have!

What would the articles be about?
Well, seeing as it's a computer site, you can probably work that one out for yourself. Wink Seriously though, as long as it's a good article about pretty much anything to do with computers, I will accept it.

What do I get out of it?
Admittedly, not much at the moment I'm afraid. Cry My site is only small, so you'd really be doing it just for the fun of it. However, let me say this: my site may be small, but it is slowly expanding (by that I mean getting bigger, and having more hits). Me and the others "on the team" are very enthusiastic, and we're persevering. The aim is that one day, even if we're talking about in years time, Computer Talk will be a popular site that anyone interested in computers will know about. So you never know, if your articles are good... one day you might be recognised by the web community for them!

I expect this plea/post to fall on deaf ears... but if anyone wants to prove me wrong, then reply! :lol:

Thanks,
Thomas
5 REPLIES
N/A

I quite enjoy writing short articles, reviews etc. And I sure love PCs Smiley

I can't really commit 100% at the moment, but I will say I'm interested.
Community Veteran

Thanks.... you've got a PM. Wink

Thomas
shellsong
Grafter

I'd be willing to help, if you want me Smiley. I've got good writing skills, and good computer skills. Unfortunately when I put the two together my writting can end up a little too technical minded though. So with that in mind, I'm available should you want me Smiley.
N/A

I'd be interested, depending on what kind of articles you've got in mind.

Unix maven, 10 years with Linux etc., PHP, perl, C, C++, JSP, java, TCP/IP, networking etc.

Built many a PC in my time, but I don't actively keep up with the very latest and greatest hardware developments.
Community Veteran

Thanks you two... I'm sending you both PMs, so we can discuss this... Cheesy

Thomas