cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

God stake over clockers part 2

N/A

A while ago i posted up my brother orded an ati x800 pro from overclockers, and that we could not get it to work. Well we sent it back around 6 weeks ago and they said over the phone it would be ok to replace it for an geforce 6800 gt. Well 6 weeks ltr we got a deliver to the door. Open it up its the same card as the one we sent back. With a note saying make sure the power connectors are connected properley. They are stupid firm. Well i put it back in my bros pc trying the new ati drivers and the new omega drivers and same result flickering.

Here is a pic if you can see it

What can i do Huh?
4 REPLIES
N/A

It's an awkward one to a certain extent with mail order PC bits. They have to replace faulty items within a year on a return to base warranty. Some firms operate a charge if they test a returned item and find it to not be faulty so you are stuck between a rock and a hard place as to whether or not they have actually tested it.

I don't think 6 weeks is a reasonable amount of time for them to turn it around. Within 28 days you were entitled to your money back but obviously this time has now passed.

I'd call them and ask if they tested it and how they went about it as you are still experiencing the same problems. I'd then knock up a grievance letter to them to follow up stating exactly what has gone on so far and that you are disappointed with their service. Hopefully when u speak to them they'll ask you to return the item to them again even though it'll be an inconvienince to you.

I'm assuming you know it's the exact same card as you noted the serial number? Or have they just sent you the same type of card?

If you are really unhappy and just don't want to deal with them then I'd try and go the route where you ask for a refund as you did return it for exchange within 28 days and the only reason you've not been able to ask for a refund within normal time scales is that they held on to it for an unreasonable period of time - hopefully they'll cut u some slack and you'll just be out of pocket for the two postage returns.
N/A

The reason i no its the same one is, the static bag it came is the one ie opend not all new. On the card it self it says test passed 2. Even the white box it came in is the same. I am just annoyed how they can say on the phone yes we can swap it for you. And they give you the same one. Only problem with ringing them is they never answer the phone. They have 3 numbers and all the time you ring all you get is i am sorry this number is busy.
N/A

I've had that with some suppliers before too.

Do they have a fax number you could try?

I reckon the main problem is the customer service line and the returns department probably don't talk to each other.

You probably did this, however I'll mention/suggest it anyway: did you include a detailed fault description with the card when you returned it. If not, they probably plugged it in and just ran a hardware test on it rather than actually properly trying to use it.
N/A

If i remember correctly i did yes. If i cant get it to work its gonna go back again and i will ask for refund this time

Thanks for the advice