cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GAMING PC HELP BUILD

N/A

GAMING PC HELP BUILD

looking to upgrade with a barebones system do i go for the athlon 64 or the pen 4 or athlon sepronm , i play lots of games.
spec :::::::::
win xp
athlon 2400 xp 2000mhz
fx 5600 256MB AGP
120 gig hard drive
1GB DDR RAM
sound blaster 5.1d
asrock m/b k7s8xe
pc tower 300watt

running on a buget of £220.00

please help

thank you
10 REPLIES
N/A

GAMING PC HELP BUILD

Go for an A64 mate.

Id say A64 3200 oem around £95, Pci-e Nforce 4 motherboard around £65 and maybe a secondhand 6800 or X800.
N/A

GAMING PC HELP BUILD

Sorry didnt read your post correctly, you want a barebones setup for £220?

are you selling your current pc?
what sort of games do you play?
N/A

GAMING PC HELP BUILD

no i am not selling pc is there any good web sites with cheap m/b bundles
N/A

GAMING PC HELP BUILD

N/A

thanks

thank you i will have a look
N/A

motherboard bundles

when i get the m/b cpu ram and case do i need a bigger power unit i have a old one 300watt HuhHuhHuh?
if i am using 64 cpu
N/A

GAMING PC HELP BUILD

Depends on the qaulity of your psu realy! if yours came with a case its more than likely going to be some generic make which will be fine for your current system but if going for an A64 with better graphics etc i would upgrade it.

Look for Antec, Enermax, Hiper and Akasa branded psu's. Dont skimp on your power supply, its one of the most important piece of hardware in your comp, a 600watt triple fan joby for £14.99 wont work.

If going to a Nforce 4 Pci-e board you will need a new psu anyhow, these boards need a 24 pin main power connector instead of the old 20 pin.

Look for a ATX 2.2 psu's
N/A

GAMING PC HELP BUILD

If its got q-tec on it in ways of PSUs then walk away. They are not sold in many countries due to not passing basic safety tests.

Go A64, pentiums are more designed toward the business/coding setion of the market, whereas A64 is more aimed at gaming, unless you go for an X2 chip.

If your a gamer you might want to invest in a bit mroe RAM too, 256mb is just worthless on a lot of new games. battlefield 2 requires 2GB on some PCs :shock:
N/A

upgrade

thank all for the information i am looking in to it

BUNDLE
ATX TOWER CASE 400W PSU
AMD 64 3000+939 PIN CPU
H/S AND FAN
512MB 400MHZ DDR
NVIDIA NFORCE4 ULTA
AC97 7-1 A A
BUILT-IN 10/100/1000 LAN
16*PCI EXPRESS VGA SLOT
NVIDIA 6200 128MB PCI-E

PRICE £231.25

`IN BUNDLE NVIDIA 6200 PCI-E GO 4 THIS OR A AGP BOARD I HAVE 256MB FX5600 CARD AGP
N/A

GAMING PC HELP BUILD

If upgrading now, i suggset go Pci-e as AGP is pretty much dead :shock: