cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

For the attention of anyone experienced with Apple Macs

N/A

Hi

I am preparing to do a clean re-install of my OS.... to that end I am trying to back up some items to my "iDisk".The trouble being though if I try to drag items from my HD to "Disk" I keep getting informed that I "do not have sufficient privileges for some items"

What is it I am not doing..... or have to do? siple text items seem fine but the trouble starts when I try and transfer a folder for example.So any advice would be appreciated
3 REPLIES
N/A

Where on iDisk are you trying to drag the items to? Have you tried creating your own folder within iDisk and copying items from your HD to it?

Another option would be to use the dot mac backup program to backup files to iDisk. Once you have done a clean install of your OS you could then easily restore those files back to the original locations.
N/A

To be honest I have not tried either of those..... it is my first try with it and must confess thought it would just be a simple matter of drag and drop.Although in the end I found I could put everything into the "Public" folder without any difficulties.But will certainly be experimenting with your suggestions today for future reference

Thanks for the reply
N/A

If you place files in the 'Public Folder' then these are available to anybody that knows your dot mac member name. You may like to password protect your 'Public Folder' to protect its contents. You can do this by opening System Preferences and clicking on .Mac. Click iDisk and select the "Password protect your Public Folder" checkbox. Type the password in the Password and Confirm fields, and click OK.

Hope this helps.