cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Firewall and interent connection

N/A

I am using windows xp and had downloaded zonealarms firewall. I then unistalled it and tried sygate firewall and started having a lot of problems. It locked my computer and started restarting it. I thought eventually it was unistalled but now i am having internet connection problems. After only a few minutes on interent the pages i am viewing freeze and then it claims pages cannot be displayed. I have to restart the computer to access internet again. I phoned plusnet help desk and then said they could detect a firewall was on my system (but they did not give me any idea how to get rid of it ). If there is a firewall running how can i detect where it is and get rid of it as it seems to be shutting down my interent connection.
3 REPLIES
N/A

ok first off..

when you uninstall a firewall you dont totaly remove the stuff it puts on, and ZA is a fave of lingering around your system killing stuff (its "nice" like that)

my advice is to get ur system,... try diff things as it is .. then reinstall XP and just use a single one and dont unisntall it.

Also make sure you are not using the Internet Conection Firewall (ICF) that MS has put on XP.

what version of ZA and sygate where u using?

What web browser are you using? IE or something better... If IE , then try firefox and see if the problem persists: http://www.mozilla.org/products/firefox/

Buz
N/A

get a diffrent firewall

id reccomend dumping zonealarm and just gettin norton firewall instead its much better! Cheesy
N/A

sygate > norton