cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Firefox not loading/connecting

N/A

I use Firefox as my default browser, so why this has happened I've no idea.
It was fine last night, now pages are refusing to load (even my home page) - it constantly appears to be attempting to connect but nothing happens,
IE6 is fine, no new hardware or software has been added, I've tried System Restore and re-installing Firefox but with no result.
I'm now completely baffled so any advice would be welcome
7 REPLIES
N/A

Hi,
The first thing I would check is Tools -> Options -> General -> Connection settings and make sure that the proxy server settings are correct. You don't need to specify any proxies for PlusNet, and as such "Direct Connection" should suffice.
N/A

Thanks
I should have said that I'd already checked that and it's set for "Direct Connection"
N/A

The only other thing I can think of off hand is if you are using a firewall (ZoneAlarm, Windows Firewall, etc) it is not set to allow the connections from firefox.
N/A

uninstall/reinstall firefox? If you check task manager is Firefox chewing loads of cpu time?
holdtight
Grafter

What version of firefox are you using ?
N/A

I'm using V1.0.7 and I had uninstalled amd re-installed but no luck.
Anyway, the problem was down to the firewall (which I had NOT reconfigured) just simply refusing to do anything. It seemed, for some reason, to have missing/corrupt files.
So I re-installed over the existing copy and everything is back to normal.
Thanks for all the helpand suggestions
Cheesy
holdtight
Grafter

Good stuff glad you got it sorted