cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

File / Print Sharing

N/A

File / Print Sharing

I have two PCs and a wireless router. Both are running XP Pro and I am able to connect to the internet on both, so I my wireless network is working correctly.

What more do I need to so to be able to see the other computers My Documents folders from each computer.

I have shared that folder I have run the Network setup wizard, but one of the computers does not have am A Drive to use the netwrok setup disc!
5 REPLIES
N/A

File / Print Sharing

*eek*

dont use the wizard!

www.buzzons.co.uk/tutorials

click on the only one that is there.. follow it.. love it.. and there you go
N/A

File / Print Sharing

Okay I have set up both of my computers as instructed.

192.168.1.1 - router
192.168.1.2 - Desktop
192.168.1.3 - Laptop

From the Desktop I can ping the router but NOT the laptop.

From the laptop I can ping the router and the desktop.

What have I done wrong?

From the laptop I type - \\192.168.1.2\c$ and I am asked for an administrator password - what is this, I am the only user what is the administator password, I am not aksed for any password when I log on.
N/A

File / Print Sharing

ok first off, make sure the laptops firewall (windows one as well) are all disabled just to make the tests -- the XP one blocks pings so thats not that helpfull..

Did you setup the PCs? or did you get them pre installed with windows? if ur account is admin, go to control panel , switch to classic view, admin tools, computer managment, local users and groups, users, and set the password for the Administrator account. (right click on Administrator -> set password), you should always have a passworded admin account!
Denzil
Grafter

File / Print Sharing

Try this - right click the C:drive, click Sharing and Security, click the sharing tab. Under "Share this folder" choose the share name C, not C$. Do this on both computers.
N/A

File / Print Sharing

Thank you to everyone who tried to help, special thanks to Buzzons as I am now set.