Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fedora Core 4 Internal DNS

Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 5

Hi all

I'm going to attempt to set up a DNS server for my internal network soon using fedora core 4. It will serve the local names for the machines on the network, while passing on any external queries to the ISP's DNS.

Anyone got and suggestions, advice, or tutorials before I start my research into this?

Thanks

Phil
5 REPLIES
jabb0
Grafter

No sorry,

However i am about to switch from winxp to, maybe, fedora.
Any tips for a noob?
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 5

I've not got a hugh amount of experience with it, but found it really easy to install, and pretty easy to find my way around. My RAID card works with it, which is something FC3 never did, although FC1 did! Bumped into a few bugs in SELinux which stopped samba from working, with the only fix is to disable SELinux Cry

Found http://www.siliconvalleyccie.com pretty handy in setting configuring parts of it.

Phil
jabb0
Grafter

nice one - cheers

Will have to look into that SElinux thing - got the iso's yesterday but didnt download that one - its a security patch aint it?

Anyway most helpful dude
Peace out
N/A

SELinux is short for Security Enchanced Linux - its a standard linux system with a number of kernel level and above features enabling fine grained access control of who can do what to what process and what rights processes etc can have.

For a live production server its a serious must have to keep the box secure, for home use and learning about linux in general it will get in the way until you're used to linux then you can move on to.

Fedora gives you the option of installing it but disabling it - then when you're ready you can turn it on.
jabb0
Grafter

ya see i knew you were the right person to talk to bout this.