cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fax outwards

N/A

Fax outwards

My fax machine has finally packed up and before I dash out and buy a new one I would like to investigate how I can fax out using broadband. Currently I use fax2email for incoming faxes and this works very well. I have tried the fax out software supplied with microsoft but this seems only to connect via dial-up which is slow, tedious and interferes with the telephone line.

Can anyone advise me? Many thanks.
2 REPLIES
N/A

Fax outwards

There are a number of internet fax services around including

www.efax.co.uk

and

www.fax2mail.co.uk (I think these guys run the plusnet system)

However, to be able to send a fax you need to have an account with them and a monthly subscription.

Depending on how many faxes you send it may be cheaper to just use the windows fax software.
There are companies that do dedicated fax software (winfax by Symantec) but they all work in the same way i.e. use your analogue modem.

Hope this helps
N/A

Fax outwards

Many thanks nigel. All in all it seems cheaper and easier just to get a basic fax machine to send faxes. By the time I scan, cut and paste and then process through my dial up I could be finished faxing by a long way. The alternative through the two providers you kindly quoted is far more expensive in a single year than buying a fax machine.

Pity about that but never mind.

Thanks again for your advice.