cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fax in Windows XP

N/A

Fax in Windows XP

I am trying to install the windows xp fax softwear but every time i try it asks for files from sp2 disk, when i try to find the files on the disk they are not there. Can anybody please help
7 REPLIES
the_norris
Grafter

Fax in Windows XP

You could download SP2 from Microsoft - then extract it to a folder. Then when the install ask for files point it to this folder.

Phil
N/A

Fax in Windows XP

Thew only problem with downloading sp2 is that it comes as a self executing file. Unless there is another sorce?
holdtight
Grafter

Fax in Windows XP

Have you got sp2 installed on your system ? if you have xp should install the fax console without problems

You can download SP_2 from here http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=049C9DBE-3B8E-4F30-8245-9E368D3CDB5A&displa...

but it is a very large download and its still an executable ,as morrisinc says you can extract it to a folder

the easiest way if you need the files from a folder is to get an sp2 update disk and copy it over to your pc

there are loads of these about as most pc magazines have been giving them away for ages and you can pick them up from most pc stores, i know pc world still give them out, or ask around one of your friends might have one

if you get stuck and cant find one PM me your address and ill send you one
the_norris
Grafter

Fax in Windows XP

You can extract the SP2 to its file form WITHOUT installing.

Downlaod to a folder Eg C:\SP2

Save the full download here - (Called Network Install In MS site)

then from a command prompt (DOS Box) run the SP2.EXE -x this extract the Service Pack to the current folder - if you saved the in the example above, it will be in c:\sp2

I've used this command to extract this to be able to slipstream SP2 in to XP to create XP CD with SP2.

Phil
N/A

Fax in Windows XP

I have extracted sp2 to its own directory and tried to install fax but still get the same problem that is it is askinf for the file on sp2 cd but the file is on the hd and i have selected the file but still no luck.
the_norris
Grafter

Fax in Windows XP

What file is it asking for?
N/A

Fax in Windows XP

It is asking fdor the following files

fxst30.dll
fxstiff.dll
fxsui.dll
fxswzrd.dll
fxsxp32.dll
fxscfgwz.dll

Have also tried to install it from the origanal disk as an optional component.