cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FTP software

rhosybol
Grafter

FTP software

I recently downloaded Cute FTP from the Cute website (I forgot I could get it here), the version on Cute's website is time limited, by any chance is there version here available with out a time limit, if not is there any other FTP software that is like Cute I could use with out the time restrictions?
9 REPLIES
holdtight
Grafter

FTP software

i use filezilla which is easy to set up and use
and most importantly its free from here http://sourceforge.net/projects/filezilla
there are several free ftp programs but i would recommend you go with
this one ive used it for some time and it does all you want it to do

good luck !
Community Veteran

FTP software

You can actualy do without any FTP software. Cool
Since about version 5. something of Internet Explorer you can just type ftp://ftp.plus.net into your browser address bar and you will be asked for username and password.
This will get you to the root directory of your webspace and you should see 2 folders htdocs and logs.
Open the htdocs one and then you can just drag and drop from other folders on your PC. Cheesy
rhosybol
Grafter

FTP software

Oh right, yes but there is only one folder called htdocs, no logs folder, is this a problem? What is the logs folder for?
Community Veteran

FTP software

Logs will only exist if you have enabled the raw weblogs/webstats (details of visits to your webpages) for processing. See the Webstats link on the left.

If you don't have a logs directory don't worry. It has no effect on your webspace or website.
rhosybol
Grafter

FTP software

I enabled websats a few weeks ago. Oh regarding uploading by copy and pasteing to ftp://ftp.plus.net can the same be done for CGI and FP, what are the FTP URL's for doing this?
Community Veteran

FTP software

Did you actually request the raw webstats logs to be generated. You do this by raising a contact us ticket. Just enabling webstats just gives you access to the PlusNet generated data on the webstats link.

Contact us
- technical support
- Webspace FTP HTML
- Enable raw web logs

You can use the following to FTP to your related webspaces:

www.username.plus.com or ftp.plus.net
cgi.username.plus.com or cgi.plus.net
fp.username.plus.com I think (don't use FP so can't check it)
rhosybol
Grafter

FTP software

What is the difference, I assume that I go to the same place to see them once they are enabled.

I will raise a ticket later.
Community Veteran

FTP software

The difference is the normal webstats you can only see via the web stats link. The raw log files are written to your logs directory on your www webspace so you can copy and process them your self using a different webstats program and have the stats available on your website.

See the tutorials forum for details on running your own webstats processing using webalizer and awstats (although awstats does not run very well on plusnets cgi server die to memory restrictions - see the end of the tutorial thread for details).
N/A

FTP software

btw SmartFTP is free :p