cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error when windows XP starts

N/A

Hi,

I get this error when windows xp boots into the desktop, you know just before on the blue screen, i get this box that says Yes,No and with a exclamation mark in the top left corner but no error code so its makin things difficult, if i click No, it carrys on into my desktop and boots ok, its just the fact i keep gettin this annoying error of some kind? anyone help??

Thanks, Wink
5 REPLIES
N/A

Have you checked your machine for viruses etc.

What happens if you click yes?

If you press F8 during boot, you can select a boot up which logs your machines startup, it creates a text file called bootlog.txt

You could try running hijackthis to see if you've got any strange entries in your windows startup list.
N/A

If i press yes it does the same thing, just carries on into windows xp, i have run my computer with the AVG anti virus program and it find nothing, I haven't tried hijackthis though.Huh
N/A

try hijack this, it could be your anti-virus software as well

Post your hijack this output here.
N/A

You could try removing AVG as its well known for causing the problem you describe
N/A

It could be AVG, it's know to post virus warning messages during load up. Get a better virus checker anyway, like NOD32 or Kaspersky (4.5)