cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error message

N/A

Error message

I get this message when I try to uninstall certain programs that I do not want or use anymore for example AOL, Itunes,easy internet sighn up:

modifying this folder will affect all users who log on to this computer

What does this mean,should I just ignore it as I do want the programs?
5 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 57

Error message

It means that the program was installed so that all users could access it, not just yourself.
I assume you are using XP - if you right click on the start button you have the option to explore all users and that will bring up the start menu under c:/Documents and Settings/All Users and below that you will see your name and default user.
What it means is that at present the program can be used by anyone who logs into XP not just yourself.
N/A

Error message

Are you sure that you're actually uninstalling the programs using the Add/Remove programs dialogue in the Control Panel and not just deleting the shortcuts from the Start Menu?

See here.
N/A

Error message

It means that the program was installed so that all users could access it, not just yourself.
I assume you are using XP - if you right click on the start button you have the option to explore all users and that will bring up the start menu under c:/Documents and Settings/All Users and below that you will see your name and default user.
What it means is that at present the program can be used by anyone who logs into XP not just yourself.

Is it safe to delete them as I do not need them.
N/A

Error message

Are you sure that you're actually uninstalling the programs using the Add/Remove programs dialogue in the Control Panel and not just deleting the shortcuts from the Start Menu?

See here.

They are not in the add remove programs panal now apart from Itunes that is there but that wont be removed even from the control panal.

When I tried to remove AOL before from the add remove panal I still got the same error message.
N/A

Error message

It is perfectly safe to delete the Start Menu shortcuts to programs that have already been removed- these won't work in any case as there is nothing to link to.

What is the error message for iTunes removal?