cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error 550 relay

N/A

Error 550 relay

Ive just transferred to Plusnet and i get error relay550 not permitted.I get this with Outlook Express and Incredimail.My old Bt account works perfectly.This happens when sending mail with Plusnet.Recieving with Mail.plus.net is fine.Anyone know the answer
3 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Error 550 relay

Are you definately using relay.plus.net as your outgoing server? and of course logged on to your Plusnet account?
N/A

Error 550 relay

Yes John.definately.I dont know whether it needs activating by plusnet or something similar.I am quite used to inputing the info manualy with my bt account and that works every time
Community Veteran

Error 550 relay

It's normally the other way round.
When you first set up an account you can normally send mail no problem straight away. You have to wait 24 hours for the incoming bit to work.

In your case you say you can get incoming mail so everything looks to be set up correctly with your account.
To be sure of this it would be worth using link:Contact us to request that your account is checked before you try and drain the ocean with a tea spoon looking at all the other things that could possibly be the trouble.

edit: Just to confirm what I said earlier I meant dialed up into or connected by your Plusnet account not just logged in on the internet.
You can receive mail by being logged in to BT but you wont be able to use the plus net server to send unless you are connected to Plusnet.