cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Emails from Macs

Denzil
Grafter

Emails from Macs

I often get emails from a couple of Mac users where a long-ish email gets truncated and the last character is = e.g.

... lots of text, blah, blah, halfway through a sentence it=

I'm not that familiar with Macs. Do they limit the number of characters you can send in a email? Is there a way round it?
4 REPLIES
N/A

Emails from Macs

I am almost certain that there is no limit to the length of an email from a Mac. As long as the email is within an acceptable size for sending across the internet (normally 10MB) then it should be OK.

There can sometimes be problems with formatting &/or characters within an email depending on the email clients of the sender and the receiver.

I use Apple's Mail program to send emails and have never had a problem with Windows Users reading them.

You might like to try asking the Mac users to send their emails to you as Plain Text rather than the default Rich Text. This may help your email client display the message correctly.
N/A

e-mails from Macs

I have been using the Mac mail program for over 4 years and have never experienced any difficulties. What font are you using - I use Palatino 12 point - and I wonder if the font you are using may be causing problems with the receiving computer.

Regards,

Davidhil
Denzil
Grafter

Emails from Macs

ruslyn77
Reasonable idea, I'll suggest it.

davidhil
Mine is the receiving computer! I have a PC running Suse 10 linux. I know two Mac users who regularly send me emails, and it is their emails to me that get chopped. It only seems to happen with longer messages, and even then not all the time.
N/A

e-mails from Macs

Sorry for the misunderstanding. I would suggest that you ask your correspondent to try sending you a further copy of the original e-mail which is causing you the problem using a different font. If the problem is still there you will then know that the font is not causing you the problem.

The reasoning behind this is that I have found that if you are sometimes working in the Mac Terminal application and you change the default font then unexpected results are sometimes presented.

Regards,

Davidhil