Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email sending difficulties

Lolaan
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

hello there
I am communicating at the moment by email with Kustompcs to try and order my next computer. I have got to email them a few times as it is to built the system to my specifications which involves changing this and add that etc... but I have got problems sending emails to them. It's not them, they checked their emails and they work fine. I have two accounts, one with Plusnet and one with another ISP. I started with the other ISP and the first couple of times the emaild have arrived at destination, after that all hell got loose. I had a message from the AVG email scanner saying : Undelivered Mail Returned to Sender. So I started using my Plusnet email account , it worked at first, now I don't know, the email I sent on tuesday night was returned undelivered on wednesday night, so I sent the same message 3 times, twice with plusnet to two different addresses and once with the other ISP account, the one with the other ISP account bounced back, tonight thursday, no sign of the emails sent with Plusnet, this is a good sign, they may have received my email. I am waiting for their answer. I have asked the question to another forum(other than Plusnet), but they can't find what's wrong. The AVG messages varies from "relay not permitted" to "cannot find or connect to server (+numbers). I don't understand why the emails go through sometimes and why they don't at other times (most often it doesn't).
Has anyone got any idea of what's going on here? :?
I am using outlook express, the operating system is winMe.
I thank you in advance
5 REPLIES
Community Veteran

what do you have as your outgoing sever?
N/A

If you are connected to plus net and try and send mail from another isp the other ISP will block it as its not coming from their IP range. The same with plus net if you are logged on to another ISP and try and send mail via plus net it will see it as somone trying to relay and bounce it.

You can only send mail to the mail server for the ISP that you are connected to.
Lolaan
Rising Star

Hi, I have checked the connections in outlook express, both outgoing mails are different from one another. One is smtp.madasafish.com, the other one is relay.plus.net. For server, there is only a box to tick saying "my server requires authentification. The only common features are the server port numbers. Outgoing 25 incoming 110 and they are the same for both isps. I'm not sure if it's the kind of information you need.
N/A

Hi there,

Cant speak for the other ISP but the smtp authentication box must be unchecked for Plus Net.

Can you paste one of the headers from the bounced mail and we might see from that where the issue lies.
Lolaan
Rising Star

The smtp authentification for both Plusnet and Madasafish are unchecked. It was suggested from another forum that they should be checked, but as it didn't resolve the problem, I unchecked them again. As for pasting one of the headers from a bounced mail I cannot as I have a tendency to delete the emails I don't want to keep as they come. I had dozens of bounced email so far, the last one was on the 27th, but I am still waiting for an answer from Kustompcs, I have just sent another email 5 minutes ago, if it bounce back, I will copy the entire email on here. I only got 20Gb as a hard drive, that's why I do not keep any rubbish around. I still do not understand why somr are going through and other don't. It's not logical.