cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

E-mail auto response

N/A

E-mail auto response

Hi,

Does anyone know of the best way to have an auto response to every message which I recieve via e-mail, as I am going to be away for awhile and I need to reply to every message I recieve with some text of information.

Can someone help?

Cheers
4 REPLIES
N/A

E-mail auto response

Do you mean via outlook / outlook express? since some of them allow you to setup autoresponse e-mails but it does mean leaving your PC on all the time.

I'm not sure if you can do the same with Plus Net webmail.

Aaron
N/A

E-mail auto response

you know having an auto message is bad for numerouse reasons, such as 1) if you are sent spam you will respond to it, ergo more spam, more replying, more spam, it will spiral very fast into a LOT of spam. Secondly, if some one sends you a mail and they get back "sorry I am away for a week".. what does that say bout your home? that its empty right, and thus easily burgled. Thirdly, what if a new exploit for windows comes out while you are away? your pc will get ownd and as you are away you wont be able to stop it.

Buz
N/A

E-mail auto response

I love the old "Your hoem is more likely to be broken into, with a vaction message on yoru e-mail" chestnut.

Those boffins that perform those needless studies into society, like "A study into why you can't put your elbow in your ear" have done one into that too. They achieved 100% failure IIRC.

Auto-replies usualy mean you have a list of e-mails, providing your with a list of suspects for the police to follow, should it ever happen.

It is pretty much as bad as the "Never press 9 when ascked to on those calls advertising a holiday to you". Or the "your charged £50 a call" premium rate lines.
N/A

E-mail auto response

but do not argue the other minor points, so my major point still stands :p

Buz