Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

E-mail and Outlook Express

Dareyn
Dabbler

Thanks for your reply.
Yeh tried that but unless I'm not following the instructions correctly, (I've re-tried 5 or 6 times), I haven't a clue what I'm doing wrong.
I set up as per the instructions and then when I click on send/receive mail, it just skips through each logged account really quickly but doesn't seem to retrieve anything. Am I just being inpatient. I ve just checked it again and some mail has come through for an extra mail box I set up but still isn't recognising existing mailboxes.
Cheers
Darren
4 REPLIES
Dareyn
Dabbler

Sorry to all those that may believe I am asking a really stupid question, no in fact I am. I unfortunately had computer freeze last week, (may have well been a brain freeze), losing all and everything that I hadn't backed up recently. But that's a different story, (my fault). The issue is that I am having problems configuring Outlook Express to retrieve my E-mails. I have tried the existing how to threads/tutorials. So recently I have been viewing my E-mails through Plusnet Webmail. I cannot sort this out and it's driving me nuts. Bl**dy computers. I hate 'em. Again sorry!
N/A

Hello
I have tried the existing how to threads/tutorials.

So you have tried:
http://portal.plus.net/support/email/outlookexpress_mail.shtml :?:
What doesn't work?
Tim
N/A

Hi,

What error messages is the program returning when it skips though these e-mail accounts?

Have you tried pinging 'mail.plus.net' and 'relay.plus.net' to see if your machine can see them, and that it's not a firewall issue.

Aaron
Dareyn
Dabbler

Aaron and others

thanks all of ya for your help, firewalls hey, our friends and our foes.
I was definately having a bad time with compy but now she's happy and so am I until next time.

Again thanks all

Darren Cheesy