cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dynamode A360 ADSL USB Modem Problem...

N/A

Hi all...hope someone can help...been with plus net now for nearly a year now on their excellent adsl service and had it running on a "quantum 950mhz" xp system...no problems at all...
Changed my system this week to a "fugitsu-siemens scaleo 600i" system running xp.... A more "up to date" computer and the software for the dynamode modem wont run properly...any suggestions or known conflicts with this newer system...

Thanks in advance...roger...

[Moderator's note (by csogilvie): Please do not make posts all in capitals as it is considered shouting, and is hard to read.
6 REPLIES
csogilvie
Grafter

Ddi you follow the instructions in the correct order? From memory, my Dynamode A360 would not work if I didn't follow the instructions exactly to the letter...
N/A

Hi...Yeah followed the installation by the book ...so to speak...but no joy...
actually got my older xp computer out and reinstalled the whole thing back onto it and worked again no problem just like before...any more help gratefully received...!!!
N/A

What do you mean by "software wont run". Does it halt during installation or is it the modem that is not recognised or slow speeds.
N/A

Hi...the software installs...but after the required reboot of the machine when the usb modem is connected to the computer the icon for "shortcut to wiptech" doesnt appear on the desktop and the modem usb light only flashes once...
also the bottom toolbar where the "green dsl" icon normally resides...this stays black....
Community Veteran

First off ensoure you have service pack 1 or 1a on your XP machine. Also fully unistall the software and remove the hardware. Reboot. After rebooting check it has definatly fully removed. Reboot again. Install the software then reboot, then plug the hardware in and give it a go.

Chris
N/A

The symptoms you have indicate that the drivers for the modem have not installed correctly.
There are threads elsewhere in this forum where someone had a similar problem and cured it. Do a search on "dynamode" and see what comes up.