cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dual-boot.

N/A

Dual-boot.

Hi, I wonder if anyone can help with a problem I have.

I recently installed Vista on a seperate partition and Windows set up a dual-boot system, I have now uninstalled Vista but the computer remains in dual-boot, can I reset this to single boot, regards, Jack Charles.
5 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Dual-boot.

Hi

You can resolve this by editing your "boot.ini"

If you goto Start>"Run" then type "MSCONFIG" you will be able to edit your "boot.ini" there.

If you have any probs, you should find plenty in a web search of "boot.ini+dual boot+xp"
N/A

Dual-boot.

Hi Ian, Thanks for your prompt reply, everywhere I look I'm getting messages that warn me I must use BCDEDIT.exe. to change Vista boot. I've come to the conclusion that the best thing I can do is live with it, I'm not very knowledgeable and it's not really a big problem, thanks again for trying to help, regards, Jack.
N/A

Dual-boot.

This website gives advice on the same problem and looks quite simple to fix.

http://www.planetamd64.com/index.php?showtopic=25216

Have not tried it myself, but you may like to follow the advice given.
N/A

Dual-boot.

Hi Ruslyn77, Thanks very much for your advice, it worked a treat and everything is back to normal, again thanks very much, regards, Jack.
Community Veteran

Dual-boot.

Hi charles9695

I haven't used "vista" yet. I assumed XP was instaled first, and when you said you had uninstalled vista I assumed that it was Xp's boot.ini that would need changing.

Glad you got sorted via ruslyn77's link.