cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dual Layer Burn issues

Fixes: 133

Dual Layer Burn issues

I have just bought the SONY DVD RW AW-G170A drive and the full version of Nero 7.

I purchased a few Bulkpaq Printable **Dual Layer**(2.4x) DVD+Rs to use.

My first attempt at burning a movie with Nero Vision 4 appeared successful but when played either in my or my wife's PC or my parent's SONY DVD player we get a lot of jittering plus the audio constantly goes in and out of sync.

Can anyone offer some possible solutions or where to look for causes of these issues.

Regards

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

3 REPLIES
N/A

Dual Layer Burn issues

Did nero re encode it as it sound like an encoding error. If you compare the files with the original are they the same?

It could be copy protection, encoding, write speed poor quality dvd

Dual Layer Burn issues

Nero re-encoded it.

No copy protection involved. My guess is poor quality DL DVDs. I bought ten for around £8.50.

Looks like they will have to be wasted and I'll go for the more expensive branded ones in future.

Regards

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain

Dual Layer Burn issues

Update!

I had simply burned the movie without ever watching it assuming it to have been rendered properly in the first place.

I decided to watch it for myself and, lo & behold, simply watching the mpg in WMP & PowerDVD showed that the audio was constantly in & out of sync.

So, maybe I don't have to throw away the DL DVDs I already have.

I'll try a test soon with one of my own projects.

Regards