cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dream weaver mx2004

N/A

Dream weaver mx2004

hi
is anyone using this and can offer me some basic tips on designing a web page. i have no or little html writing skills
5 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Dream weaver mx2004

Probably the best thing to do would be find some tutorials about on the web, learning how to use something like dreamweaver and HTML from scratch can be very difficult and time intensive.

Chris
Community Veteran

Dream weaver mx2004

Hi viatopia,

Dreamweaver is more of a commercial quality app which experienced web developers move up to. It is certainly not one I would want newbies to start leaning with. However it is a powerful web development package which many developers would love to have.

It can be very difficult to get to grips with it's method of working and a lot of the features require quite a bit of knowledge of HTML, CCS style sheets etc. I have (tried to) use an earlier version (v3) with some HTML knowledge but it is proving difficult to understand, so the later versions may be better, but I suspect what they have done is added more features but I have not seen the MX versions proper so can't really comment.

That being said, have a look at the built-in tutorials, on V3 they were fairly basic but did give you guidance on the basic building blocks for developing a web page. Maybe the newer versions have better tutorials now and it may even contain a web site wizzard to build basic single or multi-page designs. Have a look around the help and see what you can find.

You need to get some HTML knowledge so I suggest looking for and downloading some of the freebie HTML editors like coffeecup - just visit one of the shareware download sites (like www.shareware.com) and search for 'HTLM editor' - there are hundreds around so pick some of the popular ones to play with.

One thing you may not have considered in getting a book on HTLM web design. Again there are many around so look on amazon, search for HTLM and read some of the reviews.

There are loads of dreamweaver related web sites where you can also find additional guides and tutarials to read. Just search for 'dreamweaver' in google or your favourite search engine. You can also find loads of templates (basic web page designes that you can customise) to get you started.

Here is a good link which has lots of info and additional links for various dreamweaver related info:

http://www.dreamweaver-templates.org/dreamweaver-tutorials.html

and of course the main web site has lots of info, help and goodies:

http://www.dreamweaver.com

Good luck and have fun. Web design can be very addictive and rewarding but it does take time so don't expect to become an expert overnight. Start slowly using some of the free HTML apps and build up your knowledge in stages. Getting the basics of HTLM design under your belt will require time so don't expect to make the 'killer' web site in a few days/weeks. But with some basic or intermediate knowledge of HTML, it is possible to do it with dreamweaver.

Cheers

Peter Cool
N/A

Dream weaver mx2004

I started web-building (or whatever you might call it) by reading "HTML For Dummies" from IDG Books. That was many years ago and I progressed from using notepad to hard code html to using Dreamweaver to code much more complex php. Dreamweaver MX 2004 is a very useful app for me but it is not entirely necessary. I suggest looking at "1st Page 2000" ( http://www.evrsoft.com/download.shtml ). good luck!
N/A

Dream weaver mx2004

Cheesy :shock: Cool

thanks for all your comments

i have tried a few basic free web building programmes but find them basic in expression my creativity.

i have managed to build a couple of test sights in dream weaver that at least allow me to put things where and how i want .

can any one help with now i have build my website how do i up load it to appear on the web?

once again thanks for your comment

dlajit
Community Veteran

Dream weaver mx2004

Look in the Dreamweaver tutorial for site management - that's what it was called in Dreamweaver V3 anyway - it should explain the basic steps for creating a local site (the files on your hard disk) in DW and how to upload or synchronise it with a remote site which is your webspace.