cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Digital Picture Software?

Midville
Grafter

I am looking for some software between £50-£100 in price. I have been looking at Adobe Elments v3 or paintshop pro 9. I am unsure of which, could you please give me some advise on the 2 products or any other product suggestions.

Comments welcome. By the way I am just an Amateur who like taking pictures, but would like to improve them and make them different.

Thanks in advance
7 REPLIES
N/A

Photoshop is all ive used. Got a copy though my college cheaply. See if you can get one thorugh college or work, most times its alot cheaper.
N/A

I'd recommend the GIMP if it was within your price range. It's almost - but not - as good as Photoshop - but it's free.
N/A

Either would do the job.

The advantage of PS Elements is that it's a lot like the 'big' version so if you end up upgrading you won't have to re-learn everything. The GIMP is worth trying as it's free but, personally, I don't rate it. I can get better results more quickly in Photoshop.

--> Stephen
LiamM
Grafter

Hmmm, I don't get on well with The Gimp. I very much recommend Paint Shop Pro 9 myself. Though I hope Corel don't Corel-ify it like Corel Draw, now that they've bought out Jasc.

Photoshop is good too, but a bit more technical. If you want something Powerful, Stable, Easy to use and cheap... give Paint Shop Pro a try. You can download a trial version from www.corel.com.
Community Veteran

Well, having used PS Elements at home, and PSP at home, I'd have to say I much prefer Elements. It's not complicated at all - there's a great help system built in to it - but is pretty powerful nonetheless - you can do a fair bit of editing with it. On the other hand, the PSP I've used (I admit, it isn't the latest version) was just too cluttered with strange icons and menu items for me to like it much. To me, Elements is just more intuitive - things just make more sense (highly subjective, I know).

Thomas
holdtight
Grafter

I would agree with you Thomas having used both i would go for elements for exactly the same reasons
elements is quicker and easier to use and i can get more done in a shorter time with better results than in PSP

if your not experienced and just starting out in image editing stay away from the gimp for now it takes a while to get your head round it
i do use it on and off as its on one of my linux boxes but i prefer elements
Midville
Grafter

Thanks for the comments so far, just ordered element v3 with postage for £42 ish.

Thanks again Smiley