cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DVDRW

jabb0
Grafter

DVDRW

My curren DVD rewriter packed in a lil while ago there, and its been so long since i have done a backup i am beginning to feel very edgy :shock:

I was looking around and have seen this new "lightscribe" technology which looks pretty cool and a bunch of other stuff.

So have you any advice on a good writer? I dont really care too much about writing speed as its not very often i need to write, but the read speed is a priority as there is nothing as boring as sitting waiting on a cd or dvd to be read.

My handwriting is terrible and sticky labels are too much hassle so this lightscribe is intresting also Cheesy

oh yeah and last but not least it would be nice if it was quiet. I know it canot be silent but i have built a "quiet system" and it would be nice if the drive didnt sound like an aeroplane Cool
3 REPLIES
N/A

DVDRW

anything by NEC is good (I have a 3540A), i also have a lightscribe DVD drive (an HP one) but I NEVER use it for lightscribe, it just takes too long to do anything nice (10mins for a title, and about 45mins for a full disk cover) also if you have them on the same IDE cable (2 drives) you cant use the 2nd drive to burn stuff while the lightscribe one is lightscribing as it errors and boht the burn and the scribing fail.
N/A

DVDRW

As above, NEC are the best.
N/A

DVDRW

Yep got an NEC 4550A myself, it's great. It's even got it's own little community page with modded firmwares etc, take a look... http://liggydee.cdfreaks.com/page/4550/