cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DVD Writer buying help

N/A

DVD Writer buying help

Hi,

My CD/RW drive has finally died so I've decided to drag myself up to the next level of technology and get myself a DVD writer instead. :lol:

My question is, what is the best kind of writer to go for? I know it's an extremely open question but I'm a complete novice when it comes to DVDs.

All I will use it for is backing up my system to DVD, apart from that, I will burn audio "mix" cds to CDR.

Any advice?

I see from a quick scan of the net that you can get dual layer writers now. I assume that just means more storageHuh

Sorry if I sound a complete novice with this, I'm just a little out of the loop!!! :lol:

Cheers,
Tim.
8 REPLIES
N/A

DVD Writer buying help

You may as well go for a dual layer writer, seeing as they're only a few quid more. I can recommend the NEC-ND3500. Dual layer DVDs are still a tad pricey, about £5 per disc, but they'll come down in price. In the mean time, you can burn CDs and single layer DVDs as usual.
N/A

DVD Writer buying help

LiteOn SOHW-1633S rocks your socks TBH.
N/A

DVD Writer buying help

I think you'll find, on comparison, the NEC is a smidgen better than the LiteOn.
Community Veteran

DVD Writer buying help

Hi Mariglenn

Please can I ask where you are getting dual layer disks for £5, last time I looked they where £15 EACH.

Chilly

PS I have the NEC ND-2510
N/A

DVD Writer buying help

holdtight
Grafter

DVD Writer buying help

Thanks for the link mariglenn thats the cheapest ive seen

have you tried these disks yourself?
if so anygood ?Huh
N/A

DVD Writer buying help

I buy all my CDs/DVDs from there. No complaints yet! Cheesy
N/A

DVD Writer buying help

I think you'll find, on comparison, the NEC is a smidgen better than the LiteOn.
Doubtful, NEC make very poor hardware (I know people who work for them who won't even touch the hardware even with the discounts they get).

I get all my media from http://www.svp.co.uk/ top people there, and if you spend more than £20 and order before the end of Sunday use this promo code for 5% off: SHIPFORLESS