cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DVD -R Media - Advice please

mossgrove
Grafter

I have recently installed a NEC 2500 DVD burner, and am using Infiniti 4x DVD-R. I am burning video using either Ulead DVD Factory, or Nero 6 using the "Burn disc image" option. The results when played in a set-top DVD player seem to be variable - sometimes the DVD plays OK, sometimes (usually towards the end) the picture breaks up sometimes stopping playback completely. This seem to be the case using a number of different players

Can anyone help with some advice - is the Infinti media just not up to the job? in which case what is recommended? (I have burned at 4x and 2x) to see if it makes any difference, and it seems not to).

Tim
3 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

I finally got a DVD burner as well and did some reading, basically you get what you pay for. If the DVD hasn't got the Ritek G04 Dye then dont bother, spend a few quid more on a bit of quality. I've got cake box of 25 Ridisc 4x Dvd-r (ritek G04 Dye) comming at £7.52 ex vat, which from reviews are just as good as the Brand named Ritek's which cost only slightly more as they have a printable face.
Unvalued customer since 2001 funding cheap internet for others / DSL/Fibre house move 24 month regrade from 8th May 2017
N/A

I've been using the Verbatim DVD + R successfully with hardly any coasters. Stick with Brand named media and you should be ok

I'm sure their DVD-R media must also be of similar quality
mossgrove
Grafter

Thanks, guys. I've ordered some ritecs. Hope that will fix the problem.