cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DHCP?? errors?

N/A

DHCP?? errors?

If you have maybe looked on the Games section ive been trying to play the game Enemy Territory.. but i keep haing problems as part way through a game it stps and just gives me a black screen.. which alt+ctrl+del wont even shift!!! I have to restart the pc before i can do anything.
Someone said i could check for errors using the computer management bit... ive been looking and each time before an error has occurred theres an error which mentions DHCP.... now being completely computer illiterate i have no idea what this means and how to correct it?
The exact message is:-
The IP address lease 80.229.220.231 for the Network Card with network address 000AE210A6A9 has been denied by the DHCP server 0.0.0.0 (the DHCP server sent an DHCPNACK message)

I have no idea what this means. or if it can be fixed? This error is there each time the game has crashed... and is also accompanied each time another error message :- The Routing and Remote Access service depends on the NetBIOSGroup group and no member of this group started.

any help would be gratefully appreciated Smiley Smiley
3 REPLIES
N/A

DHCP?? errors?

Right click on the LAN icon in Network Connections and select 'Repair.'
N/A

DHCP?? errors?

ive tried that... not sure its worked tho I got 30 mmins play before i crashed again. I Logged back on and got 10 ins before it did it again Sad getting fed up now Sad
N/A

DHCP?? errors?

You could try reinstalling the network card drivers ...

Delete your network card in Device Manager, reboot and windows should detect the card and reinstall the drivers.