cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DG834 and SNMP...

N/A

DG834 and SNMP...

Anyone else using the SNMP capabilities of the DG834?

If so anyone else noticed a problem on the interface statistics? My lan interface is showing a healthy packet count but my ADSL interface remains at 0 packets....
10 REPLIES
MysteryFCM
Grafter

DG834 and SNMP...

hehe, glad to see I'm not the only one having problems with this model (mines a DG834, just has the G on the end Wink).

As an aside, is it just me or is NetGear's idea of "Help" and "Customer Support" kind of errr..... lacking?
N/A

DG834 and SNMP...

Just a tad...

What is also odd is that the SNMP service is available but to use it you have to telnet in and delete the first rule in the input chain as that denies access to port 161... DOH!
MysteryFCM
Grafter

DG834 and SNMP...

hehe, to be honest, the funniest thing I've found about it so far concerns the wireless authentication (having it enabled prevents my brothers machine accessing the network/internet....... having it disabled allows them without issue :?)
N/A

DG834 and SNMP...

Bizzare bits of kit aren't they.

Have you got the latest firmware version?

Other than that, perhaps bashing it might help?

I'll check mine out tonight and get back to you on whether I have the same problem....
MysteryFCM
Grafter

DG834 and SNMP...

The firmware version I have is V1.05.00 (came with the router) (tried bashing it.... it just groaned, hehe)

Which reminds me of yet another problem it has actually........ passwords!. lol

I created a password using a script I wrote that was 2500 chars long, consisting of ANS (alpha, numeric, special) characters, stuck it in the router.... and it buggered the login! lmfao! (had to reset the router to it's defaults to gain access). Damn thing only allows AN passwords (tried the same length using AN and it worked fine :? (password is now 42000 chars, hehe (I'm a stickler for security)))
N/A

DG834 and SNMP...

Lol, my firmware is latest official 2. firmware - V2.10.22
MysteryFCM
Grafter

DG834 and SNMP...

Thanks for letting me know, I'll pop along to the site and grab the update Smiley
N/A

DG834 and SNMP...

I've done some rummaging around and part of the reason why the SNMP port is blocked by default is Netgear don't consider the SNMP to be reliable... no **** sherlock... Wink

So if it is not reliable why leave the code in to enable it... doh!!!
MysteryFCM
Grafter

DG834 and SNMP...

lol... kinda figured really :?

As an aside, I downloaded and installed the updated firmware and the authentication now works a treat so I although I cannot help with your problem, I owe you a huge thanks for solving one of mine Wink
N/A

DG834 and SNMP...

Wink Don't mention it...