cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

D-link wireless router+ binatone modem supplied by Plusnet

N/A

Hi,

I am having problem with my new DI-614+ with the binatone modem provided by plusnet. It seems that there's a cable missing between the usb modem and the wireless router? It dont seems to be possible to get this 2 hardware link together. Do i need a special adapter? or some kind of special cable? ( USB to ethernet cable? if there's any of such cable)

I will appeciate any advice..
Cheers,

Danny
3 REPLIES
N/A

Danny,

You cannot connect a USB to Ethernet device, so you cannot get a cable to connect between them.

I know little about the router that you've purchased, but it sounds like your going to need an ethernet ADSL modem.

My browers is playing up this morning, so I can't look up all the details for your router. (Some routers have an internal ADSL Modem built in)

I will try to find you some solutions shortly.

Cheers,

Aaron
N/A

Looking forward for ya good news

Thank you Aoron, I am looking forward for your solultion Smiley

Cheers,

Danny
Community Veteran

The D-Link DI-614+ router does not have an built-in ADSL modem as it is designed for use on cable networks where you plug in a cable modem itto it, so for ADSL use, you will need an external Ethernet ADSL modem. The only one I am aware of is the D-Link DSL-300T. However, that Ethernet modem is not compatable with many routers and several people have already tried to get it working in recent threads without much success, so you may find it does not work even if you do purchase it - it is also very expensive for what it is and is likely to cost around £50.

You certainly can't connect your PlusNet supplied USB modem to it as the USB interface is totally incompatible with the router.

To be honest, your best bet is to sell the router and buy an all-in-one device (4 port ADSL modem/router with wireless) like the Netgear DG834G or Linksys WAG54G. Both will set you back about £100 but shop around.