cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creative Zen Sleek on Mandrake 10.1

Community Veteran

Can anyone help me with this? I have a install of mandrake 10.1 and want to install a Creative Zen Sleek mp3 player. I found this however I can't make head nor tail of the instructions also if I try to use the .src.rpm mandrake tells me it's already installed - if I go to the RPM manager thingy there is no sign of it.

There is one further complication mandrake cannot use the internet at present as I only have a USB modem that also refuses to work.

Once again I would be grateful for any help someone can give especially if they could guide me through the install!
3 REPLIES
N/A

Daniel, this looks more complex than even I'd bother with. Can you find the directory where the source code is installed? Both libnjb and gnomad-2.x.x should be under your HOME directory. It sounds from this
if I try to use the .src.rpm mandrake tells me it's already installed

as if you've got the source code. If you can find it under your user HOME, then open a root terminal, navigate to your user home directory and then run the lines in the Setup page on the page you linked in your message. You have checked to see if your system has the dependencies, haven't you?

Compiling from source is something I've never done, but I should think there are many on the AG Linux forum that would be old hands at this.

EDIT: USB modem with Linux. You like a challenge, don't you! A router is OS-neutral. You might have a supported USB modem...and then you might not.

I've an installation of Mandrake 10.0 on one removable hard drive, but currently I'm fiddling about with 2005LE on another. Good luck. At least you're not a Pod-person!
Community Veteran

Daniel, this looks more complex than even I'd bother with.

eck!

Can you find the directory where the source code is installed? Both libnjb and gnomad-2.x.x should be under your HOME directory.

I'll have a look later!

You have checked to see if your system has the dependencies, haven't you?

I thought the RPM manager thingy did that auto? If not how do I do it?

Compiling from source is something I've never done, but I should think there are many on the AG Linux forum that would be old hands at this.

I'll pop my question in there as well then!

EDIT: USB modem with Linux. You like a challenge, don't you! A router is OS-neutral. You might have a supported USB modem...and then you might not.

Yip! My modem actually came with linux drivers the trouble is they won't work! I've given up on that as I want a router anyhow!

I've an installation of Mandrake 10.0 on one removable hard drive, but currently I'm fiddling about with 2005LE on another. Good luck. At least you're not a Pod-person!

Actually I am! The zen isn't mine it's someone else in the household!
N/A

You could also try www.mandrivausers.org - Mandriva is the new name for Mandrake. Wink