cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Copying my PST files

Rourkefamily
Grafter

Copying my PST files

Just bought myself a new PC and want to move my PST file from old to new .

How do I do that?
7 REPLIES
N/A

pst

last time i did this i did a serch with *.pst from windows . making sure it looked at hidden system files . Copied it to a cd . then copy to your new pc on a location called test folder . you might need to change the proprtites from read only .
Then open up the client and inport
N/A

pst

last time i did this i did a serch with *.pst from windows . making sure it looked at hidden system files . Copied it to a cd . then copy to your new pc on a location called test folder . you might need to change the proprtites from read only .
Then open up the client and inport
N/A

Copying my PST files

also if you have a home network and using windows xp there is a useful wizard for moving all your settings and personal files to the new pc. Cant remember if it moved my .pst files but I think it did. Its the file and settings transfer wizard. It worked for me and I didnt know it was there until someone told me. So if others think its crap then fair enough
Cheesy
N/A

Copying my PST files

*.Pst, that's e-mail isn't it?

Doesn't your e-mail program have an export function? it will allow you to save your e-mails to a location of your choice.

Aaron
N/A

Copying my PST files

If they're just small files you want to transfer from one place to another you can't beat uploading them to your webspace temporarily (if you have any, that is).
Rourkefamily
Grafter

Copying my PST files

My Outlook PST is over 80MB!!!

I have deleted some stuffoff but still same size. Hoping to use my memory stick but too big for my 64MB stick.

Any ideas how to reduce the file size?
N/A

Copying my PST files

The best thing to do is to take the file, put it into a Zip or Rar archive and compress it, hopefully down to under 64mb.

Other than that... get a bigger document stick? :lol:

Craig