Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Copy audio tapes to CD

silvercliff
Grafter

Copy audio tapes to CD

Hi Folks
I would like to copy audio tapes to my PC and then burn them to a CD ideas please ie connection cables and how to do it :?:
Obliged
7 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Copy audio tapes to CD

I assume that your sound card or onboard sound has a "Line in" socket.
Use this to input the signal from your tape deck to the PC and save the file. The cable you will need depends on the output sockets that are on your tape deck.

One other thing you may need is some software to allow windows to store a file longer than 1 minute. Many sound cards came with this software ie "wave ole" on the Sound blaster ones but those built into your motherboard wont.
In the latter case there is a freebie down load called Audacity which I have found to be excellent for this job.
Do a google search for the site.
If you cant find it PM me with the email address you would like me to send it to as an attachment.
N/A

Copy audio tapes to CD

if you have nero installed, it comes with a program called Nero Wave Editor which is also good for doing this kind of thing.

By the way, you wont get very good quality playback.
zpeterk
Grafter

Copy audio tapes to CD

If you have a Creative Labs sound card they come with sound recorder which will record anything in to a wave file in good quality
Community Veteran

Copy audio tapes to CD

Yes thats what I said in my first reply. :?
silvercliff
Grafter

Copy audio tapes to CD

Hi John
Downloaded Audacity freebee OK now sorted Cheesy Happy New Year to you and the PlusNet help Team Wink
Obliged
Sakky
Dabbler

Copy audio tapes to CD

I can never get the hang of using Audacity, I prefer dmc and find I can do everything I want with it. I have recently successfully convert tape to cd with this program too, using the In Line Auxiliary Input
N/A

Copy audio tapes to CD

I find AudioGrabber pretty good for these things and it uses the LAME encoder if you want to make then into mp3. They made it a freeware now Smiley