cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connecting Sony Ericsson T610 Mobile to PC Via Infrared

N/A

Hi.
I have recently upgraded my mobile and thought it good practice to backup my phone book etc. to PC. The phone is infrared and bluetooth enabled but thought it might be quite straight-forward to get my phone to sync with my PC using the supplied software (more details on request).

I have enabled the PC's infrared port in the BIOS and enabled infrared on the phone but I can't get the devices to communicate with each other.

My PC has an AMD Athlon 1400 processor on an ASUS ATA266 board with 256MB PC2100 DDR Ram.

I have tried my phone with another PC and still no joy. It seems to me I'm missing something here, but having consulted the phone's user manual I can't see what. Any help on this would be much appreciated.

Thank you.
3 REPLIES
N/A

When pointing your phone at the PC, the PC should inform you that it has detected the phone, and provide a make and model (or rather, a "Hi, my name is.." string they pass on connect).

If this is not occuring, then either the PC's infrared isn't fully setup, the phone times out (after X amount of time, many turn off infrared to conserv energy) or the phone is plain not communicating.
N/A

my T610 is now seen by the pc as soon as I place them in range of each other but the first time i set up the connection I had to open the Sony Ericcson image editor and then turn on the phones infrared, place them in view of each other and wait, and wait. Three of four minutes before the software informed me of a new connection, once I had named the connection I had no more trouble.
N/A

Cheers for the information, I'll try that when I have a minute (or 4) and then write back.