cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Configuring No NAT

N/A

Configuring No NAT

I am having the devil of a job configuring my Voyager 240 router to enable the visibility of my public IP address block> The BT instructions are limited and their support page gives the same help index.

My problem is as follows. I have a Plusnet business premier account. Ihave a block of 8 ip addresses. i also have a hardware firewall (netgear). i wish to use the first address for the router and the second for the firewall with my lan behind it.

I have configured the wan port to automatically receive and address and the Plusnet help pages state tha the system will automatically allocate my first usable public address. I Have set the internal lan ip address to the same and entered the 248 subnet with the first ip address as the router and disabled NAT.

No matter what combination of ip filtering on or off, DMZ forwarding I cannot get to my Firewall from the outside world, can't ping it, can't connect to it's remote interface. I can get to the web tols on the router but se nothing through it. This will make running my network difficult, especially with the introduction of a mail server and terminal server for remote users. These will have public addresses fromthose unused and the mail server will sit behind the firewall using NAT and port forwarding.

Can anyone helpHuh I have a request in to BT fr assistance and my last resort will be to phone them, but I am reluctant to pay 50P per minute!!!
3 REPLIES
N/A

Configuring No NAT

Update to the latest firmware from BT, this should help.
N/A

Configuring No NAT

thanks but that was done on install as instructed in the manual.
N/A

Configuring No NAT

Why have you set the internal address of the router to your first IP address? You can still get access to the webtools of the router without doing this.

Your router needs to have it's own internal address which is an address within the internal network, so that your network has visability of it. You can still access the routers webtools from outside, without it being the same IP address as your external IP.

Could you explain a bit more about the setup your planing.