cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Configuring Netgear DG834G with Network Camera

N/A

I have a Netgear Router DG834G and have just bought a network camera IPCAM301 by Orite.
I have managed to see the camera output when I log on to the router with its internal address 192.168.0.4 but when I try and type in my IP address from plusnet (which it advises to do in the manual) I only seem to get the netgear remote management password box as opposed to the network camera login box.

I think the problem is to do with setting up port 80 to forward to the cameras ip address, I have tried loads of combinations on the netgear router to achieve this but it doesn't work.

Does anybody know what options I need to set on the Netgear router to enable the camera to be accessed from the internet??

Thanks if you can help me here.
3 REPLIES
N/A

Login it to the router. Go to Firewall rules on the inboud services hit select http in the send to lan user put the cammera ip address. Hit apply. Make sure it is enabled.
N/A

mos routers wont let you see the external ip so you cant log on to your own ip as it get confused get someone external to try for you.
Community Veteran

Or use Megaproxy. Just enter the URL for the camera and see what you get.