cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Computer Wont Start

N/A

Computer Wont Start

Sometimes my computer wont start, or boot up. But if I pull the mains plug out at the back of the computer and put it back in again it starts ok.

Now I dont think this is a loose connection because the Green LED on the motherboard is lit even when the PC wont start.

Also when it does boot it comes up with a message "Overclocking settings incorrect press F2 for setup of F1 for default settings.

Now I do not overclock so I wonder if anyone has any idea what the problem might be please
4 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

Computer Wont Start

You have the same problem as one of my old pc's. Its got a dodgy PSU, when powering Off the PSU doesn't when on powering on deliver full power again to the motherboard, so it has to be unplugged or forced to discharge all rermaining power in it.

Time to look at a new PSU
Unvalued customer since 2001 funding cheap internet for others / DSL/Fibre house move 24 month regrade from 8th May 2017
N/A

Computer Wont Start

Thanks for that useful reply, thankfully PSU's are easy to change. I will get one in as a standby.
N/A

Computer Wont Start

Also check your Motherboard battery as I have had a power issue just like yours and it turned out to be a dead motherboard battery.

Just something else to try Smiley
N/A

Computer Wont Start

OK thanks I will try all sugestions, and am grateful for your help