cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Commodore 64

Community Veteran

Commodore 64

Despite having 4 PCs and one laptop I am feeling a very strong urge to get my Commodore 64 out of the attic and connect it up! Is this common? Am I just having a mid 20's crisis or is it just because the Commodore 64 was the greatest computer ever made and demands more respect than to be left gathering dust in the attic?
6 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Commodore 64

I sold mine about 3 years ago. I didn't even bother testing it, thought it was horrid.

But I do have urges towards other things - setting up Windows 3.1 on a virtual machine or the fact I've got a vintage Sega MultiMega in excellent condition with a top condition set of games, a couple quite rare.
holdtight
Grafter

Commodore 64

I had the great (dis)pleasure of recently using windows 3.1 again after coming across
a well forgotten laptop in my loft

I must implore you Chris get a large shovel and bury that urge somewhere very deep
where it cant be found again Wink

I do sometimes plug in my old sinclair for old times sake and fairly quickly unplug it again horrid horrid horrid
jrgrahamcov
Grafter

Commodore 64

You can get a C64 emulator now and play all the classic C64 games.

Cheesy
Community Veteran

Commodore 64

Emulators are never quite the same as playing an old console / computer though, it's nice sometimes to savour the real game play.

Although it does save space and make it easier and you can normally save games with emulators which is good.
jrgrahamcov
Grafter

Commodore 64

Thats true you don't get the novaload screen and music that you used to get when tapes were loading !!!

The emulators are good for playing on a cheap laptop through with a couple of cheap USB joypads.

Smiley
Community Veteran
Fixes: 3

Commodore 64

Not at all, I get that urge as well.

Used to have a Commodore 64 followed by an Amiga .. though I don't play the actual machine that much due to it having been in the loft for some time and I don't know where all the bits are. But I am sure they're around somewhere.

The emulators today are far more impressive than they used to be and it is nice to be able to save some games which didn't have those facilities (funny being able to save an 64k image dump and load it back instantly, how many of those could you fit on a average PC hard disk now!).

Also, if you want to browse the old ZZap magazines, then check out:
http://www.zzap64.co.uk

It a shame the site owner has decided to ruin the forums with those awful Intellitxt ads or I might start using them.