cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Clock on pc?

N/A

Clock on pc?

My clock on my pc dont seem to save it self. Some times it will but most of the time it just goes completely off the time. Also the date some times goes wrong.

Any ideas
8 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Clock on pc?

How different is the date and time from what it should be?

How old is the PC?

When does the date/time change, while it is running or when you start it up after it has been powered off for a while?

Next time you start up the PC after it has been powered up, go straight into the BIOS and see what date/time it thinks it is.
N/A

Clock on pc?

Change the motherboard battery.
N/A

Clock on pc?

It 1 year a 4 months old. Well when i turned it on 2 day it says febuary 22 2167. When i turned it on it was about 10am the time was 7.30am. It has done this for some time it never really bothered me untill now
N/A

Clock on pc?

If you open up the case youll find on the motherboard a small battery (will most likely look like a slightly larger version of the ones you put in watches). It will only have a small pin holding it in. Just slide out the battery and replace it. It should remember your settings and time then.
Community Veteran

Clock on pc?

Mobo batteries are designed to last 3->5 years so with the mobo only being a year or so old, it may not be the cause. But it is cheap enough to replace and see if it fixes it. - Note: only remove it with the PC switched off.
N/A

Clock on pc?

Note: only remove it with the PC switched off.

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT.. you mean they dont make hot swappable batteries.. EEIK!. They always tell you to turn power off yet they go and release hot swappable drives and now even hot swappable pci cards.. whats the world coming to :lol:
N/A

Clock on pc?

Thanks guys
N/A

Clock on pc?

But have you sorted it? Windows XP? If so, right click on your clock, left click on Adjust Date/Time, left click on Internet Time. If set to synchronise with a time server, click on Update now and see what happens, also note when last auto sync was. You may have had a bad sync.