Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Clemintine - Data Mining

jabb0
Grafter

Clemintine - Data Mining

Hey guys,

This is a bit of a long shot, for 1) i do not know if any of u will have done any kinda data mining before... for 2) i cannot find a straight forward download of the program Cleminitne - never mind a linux version... 3) the chances of you having used Clemintine + using it on Linux ( i think i am pushing it a little)

So i come to you yet again for a lil help Wink

Is there somewhere where you can point me to go that is a good authority on the info i am looking for?

And before you say it, my backup plan if this dont go anywhere, is to download WINE, figure it out, then try and run Clemintine on it.

But methinks the first way would be nicer Shocked

Any ideas?
4 REPLIES
N/A

Isnt it spelt Clementine?

I do a lot of data warehousing, OLAP and data mining work.

I didnt know that Clementine was a free download (either on Windows or Linux). I thought it was software owned by SPSS?

If I am correct, I am sure that the SPSS bods would be able to help you and point you in the correct direction of the product download.
jabb0
Grafter

Clemintine - Data Mining

no you are right, it is a paid for package..

However i am a student, and my uni has got this version called "GradPack" which we are allowed to take home and install on our own machine for the length of the course.

Ani dont think there are too many linux ppl about me right now (i am in uni at the mo)
jabb0
Grafter

Clemintine - Data Mining

So i tried running Clementine under Wine, was a no go.

The install went great, not problems as far as i could see. But when i went to run the thing, it crashed with an error in the console complaining about Java VM.

Now i am thinking that perhaps this is not specific to Clementine, that infact java needs to be there before i install Clementine.

Do you think i might be on to something?
jabb0
Grafter

Clemintine - Data Mining

Heya,
You say you do quite a bit of data mining and the like...

I have been landed with an assignment to do from Uni, that is, to work my way through the CRISP-DM and produce a report, using the datasets from the Data Mining Cup 2005.

Basically i feel pretty dam lost is a pretty big jungle.

I do not know if you will have any idea what the CRISP-DM document is, but i am praying that you do...

Could you provide anything that may help, and i mean ANYTHING.
A document which was produced using CRISP would be worth its weight in gold at the mo... i have got to a certain part and have fallen flat on my face.

Plase help me Shockedops: