cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cheapest Place to buy

N/A

Cheapest Place to buy

Am after a new keyboard and mouse, and have set my sights on the MX3100 Set LX700 keyboard and MX1000 mouse.

Am trying to find the cheapest place for them, cheapest so far is

Ebuyer

Does anyone know of anywhere cheaper to buy it?

Have tried the following

Scan http://www.scan.co.uk/
Kustompcs http://www.kustompcs.co.uk/ ( a very nice one for mods)
Overclockers www.overclockers.co.uk
Eclipse www.eclipse-computers.com

If you know of anywhere else I can look, a link would be appreciated
19 REPLIES
N/A

Cheapest Place to buy

sorry..........

can someone move this to computers and hardware please, just realised thats better place for it, ta
Community Veteran

Cheapest Place to buy

Done!
N/A

Cheapest Place to buy

Dabs have it here (although picture looks different)
http://www.dabs.com/uk/Search2/Product+Details.htm?quicklinx=3p46&searchphrase=MX3100
and it's in stock (1 left) Ebuyer currently out of stock.
Dabs price £69.32 + p&p = £75.32 total.
N/A

Cheapest Place to buy

lol, cheers mate, someone else suggested it at almost exactly same time as you did, nice find, very much appreciated!
N/A

Cheapest Place to buy

GOT IT!!!

In the end with those two out of stock, I looked a bit harder,

I HATE THEM, but pc world online were doing it for £69.32

EXCELLENTE
and instore you could get it for £89, but if you book online you pick it up in the store for the £69.32 price!!

Cheapest around by far.....now all I gotta do is wait for the mouse to charge up Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry
Alecto
Grafter

Cheapest Place to buy

I HATE THEM, but pc world online were doing it for £69.32

Funny how principles go out of the window at the first sign of a low price.. Tongue

It looks very good. Let us know how you get on with it - there's a PC world just down the road from me.
N/A

Cheapest Place to buy

well the mouse charged up fairly quickly, impressed with that alone.

the keyboard is a bit weird to get used to, alot flatter than my old Logitche Explorer, the function keys are TOTALLY wierd, very small, about half the size, but still very functional.

The main reason for going for this package, was because of the mouse, the side scroll option, and the laser, first impressions on the laser are very good, HIGHLY responsive, noticably different from the logitch MX700 I have (now on the floor at the moment). Very comfortable fit into the hand, the side buttons for back/forward are well placed, and fit comfortably against the thumb, along with the application switch between them, this on the MX700 was on the top out of the way, much better being where it is now. I do like the charge lights on it also, handy to know what state the battery is in.

The keyboard is well laid out, although not too sure about the reposition of the insert/prt scn/pause button, which is now higher up the keyboard, they are not often used anyway, so I guess out of the way is better.

Functionality of the keyboard is good, although not used them all yet, have full media control, messenger control, zoom buttons and programmable F keys could prove useful. The actual touch of the keys is ALOT softer than the old keyboard, not as stiff to the touch, and a lot quieter also.

Anything else you want to know, just ask!
Alecto
Grafter

Cheapest Place to buy

I was unsure about the flat keyboard. My logitech is one of the early cordless ones and due for an upgrade, but very nice to type on and raked at a slight angle. Do you touch type, or just two-fingers? I'd be interested in a typist's opinion of it if you have one around Tongue
N/A

Cheapest Place to buy

Yeah I do touch type, never look at the keyboad, and dont seem to have any problem with it, I forgot to mention, there are two legs at the back that increases the rake slightly, makes it a little more like the old ones.

Found one (i think) MAJOR downpoint, it seems to have a lack of compatibility to firefox when it comes to forward and backward browsing, I cannot use the forward and back buttons with that browser, I might just drop them a line to see if that is supposed to happen, of if its a software fault
Alecto
Grafter

Cheapest Place to buy

Thanks for that. I'll have a look at it then.
I did notice when looking round at the weekend that some keyboards list what browsers they're compatible with, and the logitech ones seemed to list Opera but not Firefox.
N/A

Cheapest Place to buy

AHHH RIGHT!!

Might go take a look at opera then, have emailed logitech, wait for an answer on that one, is a small price to pay, OH, one more, and this is a little thing I think, no "home" button, to launch your browser, not that fussed about that though, just programmed one of the spare "F" keys to do that.

Two downfalls, one small one big in my opinion, but otherwise a CRACKING setup indeed, me and my new keyboard are gonna become good friends lol!
Alecto
Grafter

Cheapest Place to buy

It said it about the browsers on the logitech boxes - don't know if you've checked. Thanks for the report . Very helpful.
N/A

Cheapest Place to buy

BLEEDIN HENRY!!

How is that for service!! got an email back 10 mins after sending, here is the cure

Firefox problem solve
Alecto
Grafter

Cheapest Place to buy

Amazing. Another plus point for logitech then.